The United Church of Marco Island began in 1968 and has been a thriving and exciting place of worship ever since! We strive to be a beacon of light, and a place where people can find hope and healing. Whether you are here fora few months or you call this place home year round, we have a place for you here! Can't wait to meet ya!
Statement of Faith
The United Church of Marco Island is more then a denomination or set of beliefs but we are not less then this. What this means is that, although we do have a history that is bound to certain denominational/congregational families of faith, we believe that in the essentials of the faith we will be unwavering while in the non-essentials of the faith we will be charitable.
If you have questions about any of our statements of faith or practice, we encourage you to talk with one of our pastors.
Traditionally, the Congregational way is "a tradition that has deep convictions based upon the Word of God as each person interprets that Word according to the dictates of conscience, under the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. This naturally attracts men and women of genuine conviction, of adventurous faith, and of gracious regard for each other’s sincerity to the Congregational Christian fellowship."
Furthermore, "we are a diverse group of people united under Christ. We believe there is strength in diversity and by it, there are unending opportunities to learn from each other and to grow in faith.
- Christ alone is the head of the church
- All church members are spiritually equal and called to the work of ministry
- Every local church is autonomous and complete
- Each local church is called into wider associations of fellowship
- Believers are bound to one another in voluntary covenant
- Every Christian possesses full liberty of conscience in interpreting the Gospel
- The Bible is fully sufficient as our guide in matters of faith and practice and will inspire individuals and direct the church with fresh light and truth for every generation"
(for more information please click here).
Additionally, The United Church of Marco Island has maintained and does affirm to the following statement of faith:
- We believe in God, the Eternal Spirit, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and our Father, and to his deeds we testify:
- He calls the worlds into being, creates man in his own image and sets before him the ways of life and death.
- He seeks in holy love to save all people from aimlessness and sin.
- He judges men and nations by his righteous will declared through prophets and apostles.
- In Jesus Christ, the man of Nazareth, our crucified and risen Lord,he has come to us and shared our common lot, conquering sin and death and reconciling the world to himself.
- He bestows upon us his Holy Spirit, creating and renewing the church of Jesus Christ, binding in covenant faithful people of all ages, tongues, and races.
- He calls us into his church to accept the cost and joy of discipleship, to be his servants in the service of men, to proclaim the gospel to all the world and resist the powers of evil, to share in Christ's baptism and eat at his table, to join him in his passion and victory.
- He promises to all who trust him forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, his presence in trial and rejoicing, and eternal life in his kingdom which has no end.
- Blessing and honor, glory and power be unto him.
(United Church of Christ Statement of Faith—original version)
(For more information please click here)